Water damage to your home or business can be caused by a number of sources such as rainfall, leaks, and burst pipes. We know how overwhelming and stressful it can be, so we’ve compiled a list of what to do in case of a water damage emergency.
- Call an expert immediately. A fast response is key to avoiding health hazards like mold and mildew. Our experienced crew is available 24/7 to dry out your property safely and quickly.
- Safety First! Make sure the damaged area is structurally sound and free of hazards. If the water damage is from a sewage source or is deeper than a few inches, let the pros handle it.
- Stop the water. If it is safe to enter, find the source of the water and stop it if possible. If it’s a leak, turn off the main water valve.
- Power off. Again, only if it is safe to do so, turn off the circuit breaker. Unplug and remove devices and small appliances from flooded rooms.
- Protect the furniture. Move it to a dry area or raise it on blocks to prevent water absorption.
- Clear the way. Pick up any small items and fragile objects so the crew can access the water damaged areas easily.